Cassowaries are large, flightless bird found throughout New Guinea and northern Australia. They have a reputation for being ornery and attacking humans without provocation, although there are less than 250 documented cassowary attacks on record.
- Scientific Name: Genus Casuarius
- Characteristics: Cassowaries are part of the “ratite” group, which is composed of emus, rheas, ostriches, and kiwis. Learn other awesome facts about this unique creature with our life-like and scientifically accurate model!
- Size and Color: Standing 3.5 inches tall and 2.5 inches long, this cassowary figurine is roughly the size of a deck of cards stood on its side. Cassowaries can easily be identified by the brown casque on top of their head, as well as their blue face and neck, and predominantly black body.
- The Cassowary is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free